**not just for upper limb surgeons- just give it a listen!!!**
Our episode on gnomes, tanks and elbows is quite possibly our best one yet, from our new recording studio in the heart of Shoreditch.
Bates is back with a vengeance (boy is he...) and kicks us off with one of the most disturbing stories we have ever heard.
Our special guest is Lee Van Rensburg (aka @Gnomelover1970) and the title of the episode soon becomes clear.
- how many Vans in elbows
- kilts vs dresses
- loving gnomes & why Graham Tytherleigh-Strong cannot be trusted with garden ornaments
- the magnificent World of Tanks & QuickyBaby
- an overview of the webinar with Adam Watts & Jorge Orbay
- Jorge Orbay’s glorious case takeaway
- a shoutout to Leda Orthopaedics & their support of education
- proprioception in the anterior capsule!
- the evolution of elbow surgery & how our understanding of elbow injuries has developed
- where are we now in our understanding of elbow trauma?
- the classification of coronoid injuries and similarities with the posterior malleolus (BJJ podcast with Prof Watts)
- modern surgical approaches to the elbow
- variations in the management of elbow injuries in different centres
- the value of increased collaboration within Orthopaedics
- what to do when you’ve fixed a terrible triad and there is still some instability
- algorithms for managing terrible triads & the role of plaster casts...
- critical analysis of the Edinburgh paper on non-operative management of olecranon fractures
- the joyous beauty of EQ5Ds
- radial head fixation vs replacement
- challenges of radial head replacement in young post-traumatic patients
- the management of elbow trauma in high-energy trauma patients
- how to manage elbow instability
- instability vs stiffness
- all about Essex-Lopresti injuries and some interesting medical history
- what does the NON-elbow surgeon do with elbow trauma on call on a weekend?
- is there ever a role for external fixators on the elbow?
- elbow injuries in elite athletes
- what options are there for young patients with post-traumatic OA?
- the future of elbow surgery
...and much more!
Please subscribe on your podcast player and leave us a rating!
You can also find us on YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and at www.orthohub.xyz
Leave a Reply