Welcome to the first episode of our “Citation Classics” series! The goal of these episodes are to go over the most cited articles in a certain topic over the past 15-20 years to give learners an idea of what articles are being read and what are some of the important studies out there to read!
In this episode we have Dr. Sohum Patel, a PGY-2 resident at Indiana University School of Medicine, and Jose Chacon, a medical student at American University of Integrative Sciences School of Medicine. This is the first episode of our spine citation classics, and they cover cervical myelopathy!
- Fountas, K. N., Kapsalaki, E. Z., Nikolakakos, L. G., Smisson, H. F., Johnston, K. W., Grigorian, A. A., ... & Robinson Jr, J. S. (2007). Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion associated complications. Spine, 32(21), 2310-2317.
- Nouri, A., Tetreault, L., Singh, A., Karadimas, S. K., & Fehlings, M. G. (2015). Degenerative cervical myelopathy: epidemiology, genetics, and pathogenesis. Spine, 40(12), E675-E693.
- Goffin, J., Van Calenbergh, F., van Loon, J., Casey, A., Kehr, P., Liebig, K., ... & Pointillart, V. (2003). Intermediate follow-up after treatment of degenerative disc disease with the Bryan Cervical Disc Prosthesis: single-level and bi-level. Spine, 28(24), 2673-2678.
- Sasso RC, Anderson PA, Riew KD, Heller JG. Results of cervical arthroplasty compared with anterior discectomy and fusion: four-year clinical outcomes in a prospective, randomized controlled trial. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2011 Sep 21;93(18):1684-92. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.J.00476. PMID: 21938372.
- Sakaura H, Hosono N, Mukai Y, Ishii T, Yoshikawa H. C5 palsy after decompression surgery for cervical myelopathy: review of the literature. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2003 Nov 1;28(21):2447-51. doi: 10.1097/01.BRS.0000090833.96168.3F. PMID: 14595162.
View on youtube:
Listen on Convey MD- https://apps.apple.com/us/app/conveymd/id1528073451