Born in South East London to Jamaican parents, join 'against knife and gun crime' with violence reduction lead as he shares his inspiring story in our latest orthohub podcast!
Our special guest for this story is Martin Griffiths, consultant trauma and vascular surgeon at Barts Health NHS Trust and national clinical director for violence reduction for NHS England, awarded a Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List 2021.
We talk about the future and what's next!
In this wide-ranging conversation we discuss:
- Martin’s time at med school
- his surgical training
- the changes he’s seen and his development to become an opinion leader, activist and national clinical director for violence reduction.
- where did his activism against knife and gun crime come from and where do you start, trying to break the cycle of interpersonal violence.
- how can you intervene in the lives of vulnerable individuals and their families without being pushed away?
- what’s it like to be a trauma surgeon? Why choose that specialty; surely there were easier career paths on the menu for him?
Please subscribe to our YouTube channel and leave us a rating and a review!