Professor Justin Cobb (Imperial College London) speaks with us about approaches to the hip joint, patient reported outcome measures and the outcome of arthroplasty surgery. Specific points we cover are:
- When trying to determine the outcome is between different hip approaches, can we rely on patient reported outcome measures?
- What is the ceiling affect of patient reported outcome measures?
- Are walking speed and gate potentially outcome measures?
- Does the approach to the hip matter?
- Does implant choice matter and why?
- Who stands to potentially benefit the most from the direct anterior approach?
Leave a Reply