Cassandra A. Lee, MD, FAOA, an Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Residency Program Director, and Chief of Sports Medicine at the University of California Davis, joins AOA hosts Charles A. Goldfarb, MD, FAOA, and Alexander Aleem, MD to discuss how programs are planning to support residency applicants during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Drs. Lee and Aleem share their experiences with the virtual process and discuss topics such as:
- The advantages and limitations of virtual recruitment
- Social media's role in the process
- The use of virtual rotations after the COVID-19 era
- How the virtual process allows for more accessibility for applicants and how that impacts the program
- The virtual process' timeline and its impact on department staff and faculty
- Structural changes that can ensure a successful virtual process
Special thanks to Peter Martin of Peter Martin Music, Inc (@iampetermartin) for the jazz introduction and conclusion.