Having spent 20 years in clinical practice and 20 years in surgical education, Lisa has been immersed in both cultures and is, therefore, in a unique position to provide educational support. She has managed an orthopaedic/trauma service of a teaching hospital, and has insight into the circumstances and challenges facing surgical teams.
- Surgical educator since 1992.
- Trained over 15,000 surgeons from 68 countries Within Europe, North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific.
- Previously 20 years of trauma nursing experience in the UK and abroad.
- Trained as a virtual teacher in 2016
- Leads the BOA & Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh Future Leaders Programme
- Consultant surgical educator UK and abroad
- Education Advisor to the British Orthopaedic Association & AOUKI
- Contributes to the T&O SAC and ISCP Management group
- Faculty of Surgical Trainers Advisory Board
Virtual learning, SAS surgeons and leadership for trainees