Mark Schultzel, MD, an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in shoulder and elbow surgery at Synergy Orthopedic Specialists Medical Group, joins AOA hosts Charles A. Goldfarb, MD, FAOA, and Alexander Aleem, MD to discuss pursuing an MBA and other forms of leadership training an education.
Dr. Schultzel shares his experience with pursuing and MBA while growing a practice to discuss topics such as:
- Why he chose to pursue an MBA
- Differences in a MBA program vs. an Executive MBA program
- Factors to Consider when choosing a program
- Balancing the time commitment of pursuing further education while building a practice
- AOA's APEX Leadership Program
- Different avenues an MBA education provides outside of treating patients and balancing those avenues
- How Dr. Schultzel's company, Ethos Mask is helping frontline providers protect themselves while increasing the life of disposable masks and reducing waste from masks
Special thanks to Peter Martin of Peter Martin Music, Inc (@iampetermartin) for the jazz introduction and conclusion.